McKay's baptism was on July 2. It was a crazy weekend as we had family up and we were getting ready to go on our cruise. Everything seemed to fall into place and we had a wonderful time during this special event. Grandpa and Grandma Hall, Aunt Charisse, and Uncle Kelly were all there on the Hall side and Grandpa and Grandma Adams, and Jared and Michelle's family, and even Aunt Isabelle were there on the Adams side. McKay was baptised by his dad. It was very spiritual experience, at least for me. They made me bear my testimony just before he was confirmed and I just bawled through it. I was very proud of McKay when he was baptised. The day or two before, I can't remember, McKay to me seemed a bit nervous. He has never really put his head underwater and I think he was worried about that. I told Kory when he got home from work and he took McKay up to the bathtub and they practiced putting his head underwater. He did fine with it and I was really glad. He also did fine as he was baptised. However, even after that, he still does not like to put his head under the water. We had a dinner after the baptism at our home with pulled pork sandwiches, salads, veg tray, chips, and cookies. A wonderful event and we were so glad we had so many family willing to come up from so far away.
1 comment:
YAEY! What a beautiful family picture at the bottom. Thanks for the post.
Post a Comment