Monday, January 30, 2012

Christmas 2011


I am super behind on my blog.  So here I am catching up.  First is Christmas.  It was a great time!  We left out of town and traveled forever to So. Utah to Mom and Dad's home.  It was great to be there and not have any responsibilities and take a break from our life at home.  I was sick most of the time and had terrible headaches almost daily.  My mom was great and insisted I take lots of naps and just take it easy.  The kids had fun playing on Grandmas's hill and with toys from their home and from Christmas.  Kory and McKay went on a four wheeling ride with Kory's old friend Wade.  Kory also got together with his landscaping boss and had lunch with him.  We went out a few times to some favorite places to eat in St. George.  Also the night we got to So. Utah we went to a concert my brother-in-law put on in the old St. George Tabernacle.  He had all his boys involved and we enjoyed a really wonderful concert focusing on Christmas.  It was great spending time with family, playing games, going on walks, and just taking it easy.

Almost every day the kids and I went over the Leif and Julie's home where they are storing Grandma's chickens.  We would feed them and gather the eggs and give them a little pat.  The kids liked going over there, especially Erica.  They also liked playing on the trampoline afterwards.




Leif and Julie went to California on Christmas, so we had an wonderful Christmas Eve Dinner with them and the boys.  The best part was of course Mom's great cooking.  Those are always the best meals that we treasure.  Here we are eating and having a great time together.






Julie came up with some games to play.  One was putting pictures on everyone's back and they had to ask questions to figure out what their picture is because they could not see it.  Everyone eventually got theirs but it was hard with some of them.  We also played a game of rolling the dice and breaking open a present with oven mitts that were passed around.  Of course, there were three presents and they were all stuffed animals with blankets and eventually all my kids ended up with them in the end, because they convinced the person who opened the package to give them to them (some tears were involved).  Strange enough, at this time, McKay is now the owner of 3 of the stuffed animals and 2 of the blankets.  He sleeps with them every night and loves them.  Thanks Julie.

 Christmas time!  The kids all loved their presents.  Even Kory and I got a few this year.  We enjoyed opening them and playing with them all week while we were down at Mom and Dad's. 


 Here are the stuffed animals my kids got the night before.





2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Love Christmas!

Leif and Julie Bjarnson said...

That was such a fun Christmas!! I just noticed this in your blog. We have some of the same pictures in our blog! I was actually pregnant that day, I just didn't know it! I love the pictures of the chickens - I was thinking, "Who's chickens are those?", then I realized - they're ours!!