Monday, May 14, 2012

Scouts, Ballet, Easter, Kason's B-Day

 Time to catch up on the blog.  These are totally out of order, oh well.  So I will start out with Scouts.  We went to McKay's Blue and Gold Banquet and he recieved his Wolf award.  His birthday is next month and he is officially going to be moving on.  He worked hard to get this on time.  We had a really nice dinner with hot dogs and hambergers, chips, salads, watermellon, and cream pops.  There was a jump house for the kids.  We had a great time.

Erica had her ballet recital this last weekend.  She did a wonderful job.  For many days now she has been sick again with the fever, chills, and a nasty cough.  She was pretty run down the morning of her performance.  Luckily she made it through it and she was the prettiest one there, in my opinion.  This is her last year.  She said she did not want to do ballet again.  We will have to find some other type of activity maybe later on.  She will start Kindergarten this fall and I think we will start with that and when she gets a little older maybe do a sport or something????



Easter was forever ago, but I needed to put a few pictures on for that special day.  We got lots of yummy candy at the park across the street.  It was just the boys this time as Erica and I had to go to a Savior of the World practice at the same time.  The boys brought home some candy for Erica and she did not seem to mind missing it.  On Easter morning, the Easter Bunny laid eggs all around our backyard along with some sand toys, kites, and jump ropes.  It was a really nice day.






Kason turned 3 years old on April 30.  It was a rainy day almost all day.  We were going to go to the zoo, but the weather was not very good.  McKay was in school and Kory had to go to work, so I took Erica and Kason to a new Aquarium.  It was small but had some nice exhibits.  Lots of animals to touch (which I did not do).  Erica was our bravest toucher.  I took my camera along and Erica brought along McKay's camera (one of our old ones we let him use).  When we got there I noticed that the batteries in my camera were dead.  I was glad Erica brought McKay's camera and we started taking lots of pictures with it.  Everyone was having a good time until Kason say some candy and wanted some M&M's.  I had some coins in my purse but definately not enough to buy any candy with and I was not going to buy it with my card, so I said sorry, but no.  Well the rest of the Aquarium visit just went downhill from there.  Kason was screaming and crying and did not want to look at anything, he just wanted candy.  I finally gave in to at least let them feed the fish.  So I did buy some little shrimp that they throw into the water to feed a few different types of fish.  We went over and started feeding the sharks and sting rays.  They did not want to eat the food though.  I turned away for a moment and then I heard a big splash.  I thought a fish jumped up to eat some food but then Erica screamed, "McKay's camera!!"  It had fallen into the fish tank and sunk to the bottom.  I really did not want to reach my arm in to get it amongst all the sharks, but luckily a nice, large man came to the rescue.  He reached in and got the camera out along with getting his sleeve all wet.  I thanked him profusely and now Erica was in tears.  After that we quickly got rid of the rest of the fish food and got out of there.  No one was happy at that point.  As we were walking to the car I was asked many times by Kason and Erica if they could have some M&Ms now.  Uhhh, no.  Needless to say, the camera was destroyed and now I don't have any pictures to post of the aquarium. 
 I actually made a decent cake this year.  I am a terrible cake maker.  Kason wanted a blue puppy, so we made it into a Blue's Clues Cake.  Everyone loved it.

 That evening we took everyone out to Carl's Junior to play and eat and have fun. 

When we got home from Carl's Junior we had present time and cake time. 

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

You have a great family. Your cakes are beautiful and I'm sure Erica was the prettiest ballerina of the bunch. :)