I think I am going to start up the blog again, just without pictures, unless I can put some on through my I-Pad?? I was looking through my old posts and reminiscing a bit. I love looking through and remembering things and thought, "I can't quit now and lose all of those memories." So I will try again. Some things that have happened lately are we got new kitchen appliances. In a way it was a blessing because as our old dishwasher was flooding our kitchen floor one day (glad we have tile floors, no water damage) we pulled it out and found that a mouse was living underneath our kitchen cabinets!!! After Kory sealed up all the holes we thought we could see we thought everything was fine and no mice, but then one night I came into the kitchen to put an ice pack into the freezer and turned on the light and found a mouse on top of our kitchen counters eating crumbs from the toaster. It ran behind our oven/stove and I ran upstairs and woke up Kory and said the mouse was still there. So gross. I scrubbed the counters late that night and sealed off our pantry with towels, cleaned all crumbs from the toaster and moved everthing to the island and kept the light on in the kitchen all night. The next day Kory got a trap and the following night we trapped our little mouse. Since then we have seen no mouse poop, and we kept another trap out just in case for a week or more. I think when Kory sealed up the hole it trapped the mouse into our house. Lukily it seems it was just one mouse in our house. We ended up getting a new dishwasher because the other one was toast, a new microwave because our old one was making a clanking/clicking sound for years and I was nervous using it, thinking we were getting radiation in us, and since our old appliances were white and our new ones were stainless steel we took advantage of a President's Day sale and bought an oven/range to match. We just sold our old white one on Craig's list for $200 (yeah!!!).
Another thing that has happened since my last post was an injury I sustained just before Christmas. I started working out on our treadmill a bit too vigorously, running and inclining and having a great time getting into shape, but my body was not ready for such fierce exercising after having Ashley and I got this pain in my groin area and right leg that got worse and worse to the point where I could hardly walk. It would not go away and I was chugging ibuprofen and limping and barely able to walk for weeks. After the holidays I went to the doctor and he sent me to physical therapy. Five weeks of exercises and two times a week visits to a physical therapist I finally got better. On top of that, because I was limping so much my body got all out of wack and I developed a terrible back pain to go along with it. The hardest thing was finding people in the ward who would watch all three of my kids, including the baby (and my appointments were during her nap time). I had wonderful people watch them and they were truly a lifesaver for me. Winter was hard this year because of my leg. I was limping all the time and we kept getting snow and ice and I was frequently slipping and tweaking my leg again and again and reinjuring it. I think I would have healed faster if I didn't have to walk on such terrible roads and sidewalks. Also I was carrying Ashley around all the time and that was hurting my back and leg as well. But now it is spring and I am all better. The pain is completely gone and I am so grateful. I now only walk on the treadmill and no inclining. I learned my lesson.
Now onto the kids: McKay finished up his 2nd year of basketball and did a little better this year. He really enjoyed it even though he was not the greatest player. He was a good defender though and it was fun to go to his games and cheer him on.
Kason started a preschool with three other kids with us mom's teaching. The home preschool thing did not work out so well and we needed a more structured enviornment for both of us. It has been going well and he really likes going.
Erica is doing well in Kindergarten. She has really taken to reading lately. At first she did not like to read anything out loud to anyone but now that she is getting it down she is starting to pick up books here and there and trying to read them to me or Kason. I have really seen her improve when we read scriputures as a family. We each read one verse at a time and would have to help Erica quite a bit, but now she can almost get every word in her verse. It has been awesome to see her grow. She is also writing books. She draws pictures and makes up stories and puts words to them and is becoming very creative. She has quite the imagination. She fills up notebooks and composition books full of her stories. It is quite amazing.
Ashley is so fun. She got sick a week ago and she was not quite so much fun during that time when she was waking up 3-4 times a night. She is all better now though and fun again and sleeping better (only wakes up 1-2 times a night). She is crawling all over the place (on her tummy) and loves to go everywhere. She is quick too. We have had to really watch what is on the floor because she can find the tiniest little thing and it ends up in her mouth. The most common thing I find in her mouth is carpet fibers. She either picks them out herself between the carpet and tile or her crawling pulls them out and she finds them. Luckily she just chews on all the paper and carpet and other things she finds and hardly swallows them. We seem to get them out before then. We find her dancing to music and kicking her legs to the beat, smiling all the time, only likes to eat food with her hands in her highchair and does not like us to spoon feed her anymore (I still do it though because I bought tons of baby food and I don't want to waste it and she needs her veggies), and LOVES to drink from sippy cups. She is such a joy in our home.
No comments:
Post a Comment