Well the stressful Christmas Program I was directing is now over and it went really well. The Lord has been helping me with this calling I have been really struggling with as I have been able to start lining up musical numbers and choir numbers for the next two months of sacrament meeting. I am now really excited about this calling and feel that it will fit me well and make me grow. We had a great and busy weekend. We helped clean the church at 8 a.m. and had a Christmas Program practice right afterwards. We went shopping for a few Christmas presents and to search for choir music I could buy before the year was up (very little luck with that). We also went shopping for snow gear for McKay. We were able to find some great sales at Burlington Coat Factory and Shopko and got him some snow shoes, snow bib, and gloves. We are planning on going sledding in the mountains on Christmas Eve and have invited Jared and Michelle and their family to come along. Hopefully everything will work out and snow will fall and we will be able to get up their okay and have fun. We ate that night and Sizzler and went to Jared and Michelle's house afterwards. We had a fun-filled Saturday (literally).
This is McKay's new friend that we tended. His name is Shawn. His mother is in our ward and is on bedrest due to complications with her pregnancy. She still has a long ways to go (she is due in April, can you imagine how hard this would be) and has to have help with watching her son in the mornings. I think he will be over a lot more within the next four months.
McKay is really into finding little beds for him to sleep in. This is one of is new ones, the top cusions of the couch. He also likes to take a laundry basket and put a pillow and blankets in it. He never stays there long but annonces to us all through the day "tired, sleep" and then crawls under the covers and pretends to be sleeping for a minute then gets up. Very cute.
After church and the stressful Christmas Program. I am very happy. McKay has on an angel hat that was given to the primary children for a skit.

4 comments:
We need the SNOW down her! Thay are taklking DROUTHT!
Why did they schedule your Christmas Program the week before Christmas? Our's is on Christmas Day, we only have Sacrament Meeting, during which we have our Program, what are you doing next Sunday for meetings?
We are combining with the other ward in our building on Christmas so we had to bump up the Christmas Program to the week before. We are having a combined choir number the day of Christmas with both wards.
I am so glad that program is over for you! Now you can relax and enjoy the rest of the Christmas season.
You are lucky you even had a Christmas program. Our church building had a backed up septic problem, had to cancel church after Sacrament on Sunday, and people have said it stinks so bad, that I will bet they will cancel it on Christmas day....
Post a Comment