Sunday, May 23, 2010

Easter, Birthday, Soccer, etc.

Wow, I got behind on the blog. For some reason I have just been lazy and had not had the desire to update it. I felt guilty enough and finally found some time to record what has been going on the last few months with our family:


Easter was fun this year. It was Conference time and we luckily live right next to the park that they have the Easter egg hunt so we went over and got some candy to eat while watching Conference. I also volunteered to help the poor lady in our ward in charge of it, she needed someone to go around and pick up the dog poop (YUCK), so we basically missed the first session of Conference. Luckily it was recorded and we have it in the Ensign to read.




Kason had his first birthday on April 30th. We kept things simple with just our family. Kory had gone down to So. Utah for a baby blessing for his brother and so he was not here for the birthday. McKay was sick with the stomach flu in the morning and when he felt better we went to the toy store and picked out some presents. We then spent a lot of the afternoon making Kason's crazy cake that ended up yummy but kind of a mess. We did not know what we were doing. I have learned I am a lousy cake decorator. At night we ate pizza, opened presents, ate cake and off to bed. It was a great day. The best thing was giving Kason a sippy cup full of whole milk! He hated it and spit it out. It has been almost a whole month now and he still does not really like whole milk. He is getting better very slowly though, except he only drinks it if I mix some ovaltine in with it. Some day soon I am hoping to cut that out.



McKay got some new rollerblade hand me downs from Jefferson and all winter has been practicing in our house. He can now go outside and anywhere on his rollerblades. He puts them on almost daily to ride around in our house. HE LOVES THEM!! I am glad we have tile now, our old wood floors would not have liked them very much.




We enrolled McKay in soccer this Spring. It is his first year and it has been hard for him to learn the game. He has made some new friends and has enjoyed going to practices and playing around with them. We have had many cold games and rainy weather. It was a good experience for us as a family. I am not sure we will continue it, but we will see.

4 comments:

Leif and Julie Bjarnson said...

Julie said: I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets behind with my blog - We're glad McKay loves the rollerblades - He looks "cool" in them. Keep up with soccer, there's nothing funner than being a soccer mom. Rain or shine, win or loose.

Bjarnsons said...

Happy Birthday, Kason - you are so so adorable!

adamsfamily said...

Happy, Happy, Birthday Kason!! So fun to turn one :)

Anonymous said...

What a great family!