Thursday, October 07, 2010

Life at the Hall home

I am a lousy blogger. I just cannot seem to sit down and post pictures and talk about them. Lately life has just been normal around here with its ups and downs. So, I am going to try and be more consistent and not just blog when I have a picture to talk about or some great thing our family did, but just about our day to day lives. I don't see many of my family because of how far away everyone lives and all of our busy lives, so hopefully this can give you a little glimpse into our daily life.

So to start, our family is beginning to be plagued with sickness. It always comes on strong and suddenly. Kason was hit first, and his was mild with just yucky nose goopies. Next comes McKay who caught his yesterday. His is worse with runny nose, cough, and body aches. I am guessing I will be next followed by either Kory or Erica, I can't decide. Luckily Mckay's illness came at a good time (blessing from the Lord). He is off from school for two days and he does not have a soccer game this weekend. However, we are planning on getting the kids' flu shots next week as Kory's work offers them to all the dependents for 2 days at a discounted price. He needs to get better before then and the rest of us need to not catch it until the flu shot is administered, then the sickness may continue.

Well our garage opener broke today. It has been extra loud lately and making a big clank/crashing sound when it opens and closes. We knew it was only time. Today a sprocket finally broke. Kory went in search of a new part at Lowe's and Home Depot and returned saying that he could either by a kit with all sorts of parts, but it may not even have the one part we need, for $130 or we could just buy a new opener for a little more. I guess we are getting a new opener. When it rains it pours. Let's see what breaks next around here.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Well, we'll hope your immune system is up and running. We have a number of gadgets on the verge. For now, I like to say they just have personality.....Hang in there!

Natalie said...

Hey Sharese! It sounds like you are having a fun Fall. :) We would love to see you guys sometime. We have to be really careful about colds and flues with the baby because his lungs still aren't fully developed, but if you are healthy you should just stop by someday and chat. We're always here!