Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pneumonia

I have caught a terrible bug. It started about the week before Thanksgiving. I lost my voice and it was hard to breathe. We went down for Thanksgiving to Toquerville and some of my family know that I was sick. I thought it was just a simple cold but I kept getting worse with a productive cough, runny nose, aches, and my lungs hurt every time I breathed. I finally last week went to the doctor thinking I had bronchitis. He listened to me talk and listened to my lungs and said I had left-sided pneumonia! That's a lot worse than I thought. Well he put me on antibiotics, an inhaler, and told me to drink water and take cough medicine. I went back just a few days ago and he said my lungs were clear but it would take a few months to fully recover from this. I do feel better now but still have a nagging cough, my voice is still hoarse, and I am tired. The symptoms are improving but I feel far from well. I have seen many blessing through this illness though. First is that no one else in the family has caught this bug, just me. Also these last few months I have been involved in a Christmas production put on by our Stake called "Savior of the World." I just played a small part as a townsman and angel and had to sing many songs, some very high ones, and perform in an auditorium for three shows worth to hundreds of people. I did not think I could do it with all my coughing and my voice not quite there, but through many prayers and cough drops, when I stood up to sing, I was able to not cough and actually sing really well. My prayers have truly been answered and I am so grateful for this. Now I am hoping I get better some time in the future and not any worse again.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Sharese, you are amazing. Get feeling better!!!! Do Drugs!

Emily said...

Pneumonia!! You poor girl! Just shows how tough and amazing you are that you didn't realize it until now. You did great in Savior of the World, but you should give yourself a nice voice rest for a while. I hope it clears up quickly!

Tiffani said...

Sorry you have been sick. I thought you all performed amazingly in the Savior of the World performance. Thank you for sharing your talents even when you weren't feeling well.

Leif and Julie Bjarnson said...

Hope you get feeling better soon. We had fun when you were down - it's too bad you got pneumonia. I had walking pneumonia once, and I coughed so much I cracked a rib! Julie