Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter

We had a wonderful Easter this year.  The only down side was that we had to spend it without Kory.  He went to Salt Lake City to be with his family as his dad had a kidney transplant.  I managed to hold down the fort while he was away.  Here are some pictures of what we did.

I made for the first time some chocolate Easter eggs filled with peanut butter and some with cream cheese and coconut.  Very rich and very yummy!


 


We went to the Easter Egg Hunt they have every year at the park in front of our home.  We gathered a few eggs and then the kids played at the park for awhile.  We were blessed with a very nice, warm day.



 I was surprised that Kason started picking up eggs all by himself really well, until he saw the Easter Bunny.  Then he got scared and just stared at the bunny, not able to move.  I then had to step in to help him ignore the bunny and pick up the eggs.

 Yes, we are still trying to patch Kason's eye every so often.  I have to admit, I am not very consistent in this.  He really does not like to wear it and it is a struggle to get him to keep it on.  He has to be very distracted and we have to watch him carefully because he will sneak off and take it off.

McKay was in charge of making the Family Home Evening dessert.  He did it almost all by himself.  He decided to make a cake with many colors.  I guess you can call it a rainbow cake or a tie-dye cake.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Awesome. Hope Cory's Dad is okay.