We saw a sewing machine on sale at Costco one day and Kory bought it for me, even though I told him it was too much and I did not know how much I would use it or if I had time for it. He picked it up and put it in the cart and said, "Let's go." It took me about a month to get it out and start trying it. McKay had a great fascination towards it also and wanted to try it out. We played around and made lots of patterns on scrapes of material I had. I now love my sewing machine! A friend in our ward who sews a lot said it was addicting, and I have to agree with her. Our first project was a simple, small bean bag. McKay even helped do some hand stitching which he has never done before. I think he felt really proud of his work. Our next project is some aprons for the kids that are made out of dishtowels. After that I am making some of Erica's pants that have holes in them into shorts with a fun trim. My big project is a skirt for me. I just have to find the right material. I have been looking and don't know what to buy. I think that is the hardest part for me, the pattern of the material and what would look good.
1 comment:
Good for you! I'd love to be addicted to sewing instead of chocolate.
Post a Comment