Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Fun Run
This was a couple of weeks ago, but still wanted to add it for memories. Each year the school district has a Fun Run. A 1 mile run for anyone. Kory was helping someone move in the ward so I was left to take the kids to this fun event. This is our third year. McKay was situated amongst the 2nd grade runners and Erica, Kason and I were in the back with the walkers. I actually was planning on not participating because I knew I would have to push Kason in the stroller and towards the end you have to go through a grassy area. The stroller and grass do not get along well, so I was nervous. While we were standing in the walking area and I was deciding what to do, going back and forth with my decision, I watched as there were many others with kids in strollers ready to take on the race. I then felt confident that I could do it too and I also wanted Erica to get a medal so we did it. We walked the mile with Erica running next to us. She ran almost the whole way, I was very impressed. The grassy area was difficult to push the stroller through but we did it and I felt good because it was a great exercise. I am excited for next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good job! I'm suprised how many people were all around - it looks like a pretty big event. That's neat that everyone got medals, even Kason, for riding through the grass. Julie
Post a Comment