Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Salt Lake City

We took a trip last weekend to SLC for one of Kory's niece's baptism. We needed a little vacation so got work off and away we went. We traveled on Friday afternoon and arrived in SLC at 6 p.m. We spent most of the night searching for a Deseret Book to get his niece a baptism gift but strange enough could not find one in 2 Malls and the Distribution Center was closed. We just ended up at Hallmark in the end. We ate at my favorite place that night at Cafe Rio (YUM!!). We stayed at Charles and Stephanie's home (they were not there because they went down to Southern Utah for the weekend). It was really nice of them to let us stay there. However, it was a little miserable for me. Soon after we got to their home, my nose started dripping, eyes itching, and sneezing. I quickly found out that I was allergic to their cat (like so many other family members) plus I had a cold and allergies from spring time. It was quite miserable. However, McKay loved their cat and played with him every second we were there. On Saturday we went to the baptism and ate cake and talked at a park right next to the Church. After that, we ate with Kory's brother and sister-in-law at a famous Chinese restaurant called P.F. Chang. It was very yummy and fancy. We had a lot of fun with the company we were with. We relaxed in the evening and left early Sunday morning so I could get back to direct Choir Practice. It was a nice vacation.

The cat loved to cuddle.


Eating at P.F. Chang. I got the Crispy Orange Chicken.



McKay and I standing next to a huge statue of a horse at P.F. Chang.



Arriving at P.F. Chang.



McKay coming down a slide.



The park we went to had a wall to climb and McKay was a natural at it.



He made it to the top.



McKay climbing a ladder to get to the slides.

One of Kory's nieces and McKay in the background.



2 comments:

Kory and Sharese say: said...

He was very cute and lovable and if I liked cats more and if they did not shed I would have pet it more and gave it more attention. I feel bad for it. I think it had a cold, its nose was getting clogged up with green mucous. We cleaned it a couple of times and once it sneezed and stuff went flying (gross!!!) and its eyes were dripping water down its face. I felt so bad for the poor thing.

Michelle said...

Wow the cat has gotten so big since Chuck and Steph put the kitten pictures on their blog! I still don't know what they named it????
I am so deathly allergic to cats too, so I would have been in the same boat!